* Today I got to have Thai food AND Mexican food, plus an ice cream/fried banana birthday treat at the Thai place AND homemade cupcakes brought by my small group to the Mexican place.
* I actually do in fact serve the single best church that ever was. My small group tonight decided (by a flurry of emails over the past two weeks! a flurry I wasn't in on!) that instead of our lesson, they'd kidnap me to my favorite Mexican place for margaritas. And they got me a present! It was a GREAT evening--like a real birthday party! I even got to blow out a candle on a fabulous cupcake. Thanks to C, C, D, J, J, J, and L for being a wonderful group and for a wonderful evening of laughter and story sharing and present opening and margarita drinking and happy birthday singing!
* I got lots of giftcards this year. That's awesome because now I can get some new books! And a check from a grandmother with a note to use it for "something you can't justify for yourself" means I'm calling tomorrow to schedule a massage and a pedicure. aaaaaah.....
* I still didn't really get any work done today, but you know....it's okay. I did get lots of phone calls, emails, and facebook wall posts wishing me a happy birthday!
* all in all, a good day. :-) Thanks to all you friends and family who made it good--from the Buffy card that plays the soundtrack to the note from long-lost friends to the cupcakes and calls. thanks.
* I know this gets to keep going because my congregation is having a birthday party for me (and for someone else too) on Sunday--yay! There will be turtle cheesecake (yum!). And the PFC is trying to make plans for fun. It's a birthday month! woowhoo!