So...pull up a chair to the kitchen table and tell us all about your pancake preferences.
1. Scratch or mix? Buttermilk or plain? Well, scratch is always better but usually I use Bisquick, and modify into buttermilk. mmmm....
2. Pure and simple, or with additions cooked in? usually I prefer pure and simple, though the occasional berry pancake is pretty awesome.
3. For breakfast or for dinner? Or???? You forgot lunch!
4. Preferred syrup or other topping? How about the best side dish? Cheesy though this sounds, Mrs. Butterworth's. It reminds me of being a kid. Or else I like berries and whipped cream on top! The best side dish is easily Gimme Lean "sausage" (vegetarian!). Closely followed by hashbrowns (the shredded kind) of course!!!
5. Favorite pancake restaurant? Hmm....probably Richard Walker's, where they have the fabulous apple pancake (german pan-filled style). But when I go there I usually order french toast or an omelette...and extra hashbrowns!
Bonus: Any tasty recipes out there, for pancakes or other special breakfast dishes? Bring 'em on! There's a woman in my church who makes French Toast Casserole, which is probably one of my top ten breakfast foods...but I don't know how to make it. sorry...