Thursday, April 21, 2011

In the past 24 hours...

...I have:

* written a new section for, and adapted the rest of, a series of monologues for Friday's Tenebrae service, which may be one of my favorites ever. Was very impressed with myself.
* pretended to be the children's choir teacher for the preschool choir (which apparently comes under "other duties as assigned" sometimes).
* shepherded 10 children through their first Taize service.
* practiced my awesome awesome children's sermon for Easter morning with the choir.
* gotten a speeding ticket on my way home from church.
* read said speeding ticket in my garage, by the light of the "reading lights" in the car, to discover that it will cost me $120.
* discovered this morning that I'd left that light on inside my car, and the battery was dead.
* re-learned how to jump a car battery (red first!).
* drove around randomly letting my battery charge, kicking myself because my stupidity last night translated into wasting $4.15/gallon gas today.
* blogged instead of planning tonight's Maundy Thursday service.

Here's hoping the next 24 hours are slightly less eventful.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my, that was an expensive ticket :-o Are you also going to need to pay for traffic school?

    You mentioned your Easter box on the RGBP blog, and I would love to know more about it. I'm set for Easter, but Tuesday morning's school chapel is coming fast, and I'd love to do something new. If you are willing to share and have time, would you mind e-mailing me a description at mobetsy [at] hotmail [dot] com ? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete