i just spent five hours going through the database of the spirituality program and getting snailmail addresses for people whose email addresses are wrong, and writing postcards asking for an email address update. oy. i am very happy it's over....but i still have to do homework. cry. i do not like doing homework. i almost want greek to be over just because there will be less homework when fall semester comes. or at the very least it will be spread out over more days instead of zillions of sentences every day. oy.
the midterm is over. they are supposed to be returned to our boxes this afternoon, but i haven't checked yet. hmm. in any case, it's nearly party time! there's shopping to be done, hair to be re-managed, and things to do! woohoo!
you would think i had a real job, with how much work i've been doing. what's wrong with this picture? oh yeah...i don't get paid. well, ok, i get paid in "grant" money from the school, but i don't get actually paid to work, really. or at least it doesn't feel like it. a pay check is probably the key. and the fact that i don't seem to have any money. hmmm....
ok...have been to chicago and back, to orlando and back, and i think i am now stationary for the remainder of the summer. woohoo!
Chicago was good...there's an H&M moving in where FAO Schwartz used to be...i love chicago. i love my church most of the time. calum's installation service was EXCELLENT, as was the surprise of me being there. hehehe! bradley also flew in as a surprise, which was most excellent. the committee meeting ended well in spite of the statement by the committee chair that I am "very young...we've never had someone so young under care of our committee before." whatever that means. oy.
orlando was fun...the weather is basically the same as here. the drive (about 7-8 hours, depending on how fast you drive. it took me 7) was boring...the wedding was nice except for the southern baptist pastor who kept saying things about "a beautiful young woman and a handsome young man"...even in his prayers...and who stated that the purpose of marriage between a man and a woman is to keep man from acting out his lustful desires or some such statement. other than that, it was very nice. allison is officially married now--how exciting! i got to see some school people, too, which was good. I also visited Downtown Disney, but I didn't go to any of the parks (no time or $$). anyway, it was fine.
all in all, a really busy week. i've traveled about 3000 miles in the last seven days, visited lots of people, and done almost no homework. so now, i WILL do that. I will. really.
as a preface to this post, i would like to point out that i use the word "hate" particularly sparingly, as it is a strong word not to be bandied about lightly.
12 things i hate
1. my CPM
2. rain that comes down hard, floods things, and never seems to end. particularly if it is simultaneoulsy sunny.
3. brussels sprouts.
5. some orange foods. most orange foods only get "dislike" to "strongly dislike" but some, like oranges, get hate.
6. my CPM
7. the campus calendar that won't load on my work study office computer.
8. getting up too early. the time of "too early" varies.
9. people who are utterly incompetent, who don't listen or read before asking questions, who try to sound smart when they aren't, and...did i already mention incompetence?
10. My CPM
11. people who aren't nice.
12. when the mail doesn't come when it's supposed to. like my new phone, which should have arrived last week but isn't here yet.
15 things i love
1. my friends.
2. my family, most of the time. most of them.
3. my church (at home).
4. sunshine, but not humidity.
5. Carole Norton, the only nice person that has anything to do with the CPM. good thing she's not a committee member.
7. The Old Testament, mostly, especially Isaiah. even the mean parts, because it's so beautifully said.
10. ice cream. tonight is the ice cream social at the church across the street. it may be the only time all year i'm early to something.
11. mashed potatoes, with lots of butter.
12. garlic bread.
14. brown paper packages tied up with strings.
15. people who do their jobs, tell you exactly what needs to be done when, and who are nice.
4 things i'm indifferent about 1. greek.
3. grilled cheese sandwiches.
4. salad. it's on the hate list, though, the minute someone says "i'm sure they have salad" in response to the query about the vegetarian-friendliness of a restaurant proposed for plans.
hola, all. happy sunday.
planned to go to church today, but church apparently unexpectedly started at 10 instead of 11. whatever.
greek again tomorrow. but in the meantime, good good food tonight. yay! stuffed zucchini and garlic bread--yum yum!
it's hot. it's humid. it's time for the ceiling fan--thank goodness!
I haven't exactly followed the news the last few days, so i can't comment on any of it, but i'm sure someone, somewhere, is doing something retarded. we can just rest assured that that someone is probably located near Washington DC.
so, just so y'all know, talking to cats is innefective. saying "we don't bite" probably doesn't get you very far.
amy says we ought to watch a movie when i've finished my "business" so i feel like i should try to download some porn or something. naturally i won't...i mean, this is Katie's computer. heheheh!
i'm very full but i'm feeling the ice cream. d'you feel that, d'you feel that?
happy fourth of july. tomorrow i'll be sure to wish y'all hapyp fifth of july.
so...we gained our independence through action from within the nation and whatnot. too bad we think that other countries can't do that--we have to do it for them.
i'll be happy on the day i can celebrate independence day knowing that the other nations are independent from us, rather than knowing that we have become the nation that others need independence from.
my least favorite people in the whole world: the CPM of Chicago Presbytery. hate mail is not condoned but nonetheless encouraged.
they are f***ing with my life right now, in a manner which is not approved. grr..
in other news, it's sunny outside today, finally. finally, finally, finally.
"Finally, it happened to me, right in front of my face, oh I just cannot hide it..."
yeah. the sun has come out, after the deluge of Tropical Depression Bill.
TDP dumped a ton of rain on us. a ton. literally. per square foot. well, a lot, anyway.
but now the sun has returned, thank goodness. it's about time something was cheery looking! after all, i've had a death in the family AND a Preparation for Ministry crisis all in the same week. honestly, who plans these things?
at least the worms are gone. from the ground--not the presbytery committee structure.
there will be no funeral, but we are all very sad. thanks for all your condolences....who will i write letters to now? no one, i suppose.
in other news, i saw Legally Blonde 2 yesterday. hilarious.
and in still other news, i got 100% on my first two greek quizzes. so far greek is not hard. it helps, of course, that i studied some greek before.
in yet other news, i'm going to chicago in 10 days. yay!