Saturday, June 30, 2007

Friday Five on Saturday

I meant to do this yesterday, but I got carried away by the Taste of Chicago and then by Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire...so here I am, late to the party but playing anyway!

1. Personality tests; love them or hate them? ooh, I like them, at least sometimes. They can be really helpful, and sometimes they can just be silly and fun...

2. Would you describe yourself as practical, creative, intellectual or a mixture ?
hmm, probably a mixture, with a teensy bit less "practical" than I need.

3. It is said that everyone has their 15 minutes of fame; have you had your yet? If so what was it, if not dream away what would you like it to be?
Well, I was on the front page of the Northwest Herald (the county newspaper) because I came to this call from serving in Egypt--and I'd met the church not through the regular call process but through their trip to Egypt--and that's probably as famous as I'm likely to get...sadly. Or perhaps happily.

4. If you were given a 2 year sabatical ( oh the dream of it) to create something would it be music, literature, art.....something completely different...share your dream with us...
I'd probably work on a book of liturgical pieces and prayers.

5. Describe a talent you would like to develop, but that seems completely beyond you.
dance...I would love to take ballet for beginning grown-ups.

Bonus question: Back to the church- what does every member ministry mean to you? Is it truly possible to encourage/ implement?
"every member ministry" to me means that the church is the place that empowers people to, sorry for the cliche, "live the Way of Christ in the world." It is possible. Now, if we want to talk about every member being a minister to other members, and it all having to do with "church" then I also think that's possible, but it takes people with serious organizational skills. I don't know where those people have been hiding...

No comments:

Post a Comment