Sunday, January 27, 2008

Reading Challenge 2008

I have finished two more Mitford books....
A New Song
and
A Common Life.

Now I'm working on Listening for God and loving it so far. I'm about a third of the way through and I still think my favorite bit is in the preface.
"If God was going to speak to me, God would just have to do it amidst the clutter of family, the noise of pots and pans...It's hard to find the time and energy to pray when you're averaging four to six hours of sleep a day. If God was silent because God was upset about how little time I had to sit still, then God would just have to increase the number of hours in a day, I reasoned. Women have for centuries been made to feel guilty because in our ongoing struggle to balance solitude and intimacy, we've found ourselves, often for reasons not always of our doing, having to give up the former for the sake of the latter..........The lesson was learning how to hear God in different ways and in different places."

amen, sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment