Wednesday, January 30, 2008

help!

Aveda has discontinued the Elixir leave-on conditioner. It's in a brown bottle.
This product is amazing and gets my dry curly hair through the winter indoor heat experience and also the summer sun+humidity=damage and frizz experience. Aveda has not replaced this product with a similar one, they just discontinued this one with no warning. It's no longer available on their website or at my salon.

If you are near a place that sells Aveda products, please check to see if they have an Elixir still in stock. If they do, please buy some and send it to me (you can use my church address)! I promise to pay you back.

Please help me out here!

Thanks!

11 comments:

  1. Is it in regular Fred Meyer type stores, or beauty supply, or where?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Usually you can only get it at Aveda stores and Aveda salons...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can still get it at Amazon and at Drugstore.com:
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=43351&catid=73383&aid=334918&aparam=aveda_elixir_leave_on_co&CAWELAID=141533146

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks for the tip...I couldn't find it on Amazon, and by the time I got to drugstore.com it was sold out. that's what happened at the salon too--by the time I found out it was discontinued and starting running to all the Aveda salons within 40 minutes of my house, they were all sold out. sad day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are the chances--I just scheduled a pedicure in my favorite Aveda salon. I'll buy any Elixir I see there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. teri.. i am a friend of patrick marshall's, and he messaged me for you. i work for aveda. i actually have a few bottles of elixir. email me at sarabeard @ gmail.com so we can chat. =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I get my hair cut at an Aveda salon...if'n I find some, will you come here to visit me to get it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also get my hair done at an Aveda salon, so I'll check with them. I'm sure you've tried it already, but have you tried their Hang Straight?

    ReplyDelete
  9. rev kim--thanks!

    I use be curly, actually, since I don't straighten my hair. But I've heard that Hang Straight is the product to use if you want to straighten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I struck out. Rats - the woman said it was so good that everyone snapped it up when they discontinued. You're right about the Hang Straight - for some reason I was thinking that you wanted to straighten your hair! Should've read more closely, and I use the Hang Straight sometimes when I'm in humid conditions and it takes away the frizz, but keeps some of the curl. Hope you can get some more Elixir - it's awful when a favorite product is discontinued!

    ReplyDelete