Thursday, November 25, 2010

giving thanks

Today I am thankful for:
safe travels.
friends who invite me into their family.
my many sets of extra parents around the world (I'm looking at you, John and Betsy, Martha and David, Norman and Ruth, Naadia and Marsa, and now Suzanne and Theo).
my family, who almost always pick up the phone when I call and are awesome.
my kitties.
having more food than my body needs to survive, and more space to live in than is absolutely necessary.
electricity and running water.
a comfy bed.
the time to relax, play games, talk, and laugh.

Today my favorite things to eat will all happen together!
Mashed Potatoes!!!!!!
Green Bean Casserole (the traditional and bad for you Campbells/French's goodness)
Bread
Pecan Pie
possibly ice cream...

Oh yes, it's going to be a good day.

What are you thankful for, and what are you excited to eat?

1 comment:

  1. I'm thankful for my family - dad, sons, daughter-in-law, her folks, and friends who are like family and for being warm and dry and healthy.

    Excited to think about cranberries (jellied and relish), broccoli, turkey, stuffing with enough butter to clog an artery, and pies - key lime, pumpkin, pecan. To taste the love that goes into each dish.

    Thankful that my about-to-deploy son's deployment is postponed enough that he can be home at Christmas as well. And praying blessings and safety for all men and women in uniform, all over the world, this day.

    ReplyDelete