Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Petra, Jordan

I have just climbed about 2000 steps and seen some of the most beautiful views of the world. amazing. Petra is the "rose red city" because the sandstone is rosey colored. but it is also yellow and white and gray and blue and black and pink and all kinds of colors--I sound like Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat. but it's true. it looks like a watercolor. but my legs are still tired!

I don't have much time, but the update is: I like Petra, here where supposedly Moses struck the rock and water gushed out. and tomorrow we head toward Sinai. tomorrow night we climb Jebel Musa, which is traditionally considered to be Mt. Sinai (you know, Moses and the ten commandments). There is camel riding involved in this, which I find very exciting. :-)

y'all be good until I get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment