(written afternoon of Friday 28 May, before i got to the internet cafe)
Things i had not done 15 hours ago but have done now:
1. Had a wake-up call in a hotel at 1.30am
2. Ridden a camel.
3. Climbed a mountain in the middle of the night.
4. Watched the sun rise from the top of Mt. Sinai.
5. climbed down a rock-slide that was supposedly stairs.
6. eaten an egg and cheese "omelet" prepared at a slightly sketchy but still "best-available" hotel in Egypt.
7. Bought my way into a closed monastery. (in all fairness, our leader bought the whole group in so I didn't actually do this, but still...)
8. Seen pages from the Codex Sinaiticus, a 4th century manuscript of the Bible, one of the most reliable manuscripts we have.
9. stayed in a resort with a pool complex but the jacuzzi not working.
10. looked out my hotel window and realized i was looking at the border between Egypt and Israel.
Tomorrow we head into Israel. Yay! The land of Jesus awaits. I can hardly wait to float in the Dead Sea, explore Galilee, and hang out in jerusalem. :-)