Tuesday, February 06, 2007

dots

  • I came back from Atlanta to discover that the HIGH temperature here, with wind-chill factored in, was -17 degrees. BRRRRR. yesterday it was so cold that school was cancelled. Today it's really cold and snowing too. Who even knew it could snow when the high temp for the day is 0?
  • I got my car back. It's beautiful. I hadn't realized how comfortable my car is to drive until I spent time driving two different rental cars that were decidedly UNcomfortable to drive.
  • My computer was doing weird stuff yesterday. But today it seems better (knock on wood).
  • my to-do list for this week is going excellently!
  • It is so cold outside that cars don't start. My car starts, at least so far, but wow. Also, I have had to close all the blinds/shades/curtains in my house in an effort to keep some heat in. My 25 year old furnace has trouble keeping up with the -30 windchill thing. My cats do not like this because they can't see out without, you know, climbing through the blinds. But they were cold before, so too bad. Ollie was acting like she was going into hibernation or something.
  • I cannot even believe it's only 3:00 in the afternoon. I think today might be the longest.day.ever.
  • Did I already tell you that I watched Jesus Camp a couple of weeks ago, and it was a really well done film, and one of the scariest movies I've seen in a long time? Tonight's movie menu: Little Miss Sunshine. Don't tell me about it! I haven't seen it yet!!
  • I am collecting copies of the Northwest Herald article about me. If you read this and you also get the Herald, please bring me the article! I need to send some to my fam. Thanks!
  • Richard went out and bought us all space heaters yesterday. God bless him. it's a beautiful thing. For the first time since coming back from Atlanta my toes are not freezing.
  • Sherri (the church musician) and I are getting ready to teach a class during Lent: The church in Africa. The class is called "Uyai Mose" (Come All You People). It's going to be cool. If you have stories about the church in Africa, your experiences of a church in Africa, or resources for stories/personal experience, please email me ASAP! And if you're here in town: come to our class, it's going to be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment