Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Five: Tourist Edition

1. What is one place you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit? (you can be vague to preserve your anonymity if you like)
Umm, I usually take people to the Hancock Tower and/or the Art Institute and Millenuium Park.

2. When visiting another city or town, do you try to cram as much in as possible, or take it slow and easy?
I like to see lots, but in a relaxed way. I'm not interested in seeing everything and remembering nothing while being cranky, so I try to see the highlights, some unknowns, and relax the rest of the time. I'm one of those people who walks around cities, apparently aimlessly, just enjoying the place and seeing what I happen upon.

3. When traveling, where are we most likely to find you: strolling through a museum, checking out the local shopping, or _________________?
Museuming, for sure. If it's good. I'm not likely to be found looking at Egyptian stuff outside Egypt (unless I'm in London) for a long time, though.

4. Do you like organized tours and/or carefully planned itineraries, or would you rather strike out and just see what happens?
umm, as per #2, I'm a strike-out-and-see-what-happens type, with the occasional tour tossed in. Town trolley tours are fun cuz you can see the neighborhoods before you go walk around. And places you can't see without a tour, I'm all for the tour! (The Scavi tour in the Vatican is the most memorable of these for me...)

5. After an extended trip, what do you find yourself craving most about home?
my own bed, my kitties, and access to all the things my house has (food, clothes, fuzzy socks, etc...)

No comments:

Post a Comment