Saturday, May 12, 2007

dots of Saturday

  • If you haven't, you need to read this book. It's not for the faint of heart, but it's worth the read.
  • Facebook is strangely pointless and yet keeps calling me back. What is that all about? And how is it different from Friendster, bebo, or Myspace--social networking sites that I "belong" to but don't use?
  • Trader Joe's Strawberry Lemonade is really good.
  • I am not driving anywhere today. I might want ice cream later--I'll walk to the Freeze. I was thinking of walking to the library and finally getting a library card, but I don't think I can walk both there AND the Freeze without my legs falling off. the Freeze is a mile away from home...the library is about a mile and a half but not in the same direction. hmmm. perhaps a library card next week, then.
  • Today's the last day of the Cezanne to Picasso exhibit at the Art Institute. It's fantastic. I went for the third time yesterday. It was so great--even with the crowds.
  • I had "Trader Giotto's" goat cheese and roasted red pepper pizza for lunch. yum.
  • my kitties love having me home--they're snuggling me up all over the place, no matter where I sit down. They can't get enough of me. Maybe cuz I'm basically never home....
  • I need a children's time for tomorrow. any ideas? (text for the day: John 5.1-9)

1 comment:

  1. I saw an interview with Ishmeal Beah on "The Hour", a program on the CBC. You can view it, if you wish, by going to "The Hour" webpage (http://www.cbc.ca/thehour/). Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete