Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving--yum!

Had a good time at make-your-own-family thanksgiving.  brought butternut squash soup and green bean casserole.  Ate mashed potatoes (lots) with veggie gravy (yum), green bean casserole (yum), soup (yum), cranberries (surprisingly yum), stuffing (medium yum...better than others I've eaten but still not my favorite part of t-day), and gingerbread-pumpkin trifle (OMG, yum).  Drank wine.  Avoided carrots, beets, and turkey.  Then came home, watched Buffy.  As I go to sleep now, I leave you all with a highly excellent quote from the thanksgiving episode (pangs, season 4)...


WILLOW: Well, yeah, sort of. That's why she doesn't celebrate thanksgiving or columbus day-- You know, the destruction of the indigenous peoples. I know it sounds a little overwrought, but really, she's...She's right.
BUFFY: Yeah. I guess I never really thought about it that way. With mom at aunt Darlene's this year, I'm not getting a thanksgiving. Maybe it's just as well.
ANYA: Well, I think that's a shame. I love a ritual sacrifice.
BUFFY: It's not really a one of those.
ANYA: To commemorate a past event, you kill and eat an animal. It's a ritual sacrifice, with pie.

No comments:

Post a Comment