Saturday, October 20, 2018

On my birthday...in...a lot of years!

I am having so much trouble deciding what event to highlight from October 21 today!

In 1975, Elton John got a star in Hollywood! How cool is that?
In 1520, Magellan and his crew rounded the cape and became the first Europeans to enter the Pacific Ocean! I love the Pacific Ocean...
In 1971, Pablo Neruda won the Nobel Prize for Literature! His poetry is gorgeous and moving.

I think what we can learn from this is that the 21st of October is a most auspicious day, and just like me, there’s too much awesome to be contained!!

#Enneagram7

(We might also surmise that the sermon I am planning to preach on October 21 has a lot going on. Perhaps it could use narrowing down, but it’s all important so what can I possibly leave out???)

Anyway....I know EXACTLY what historical event I’m posting as “on this day” tomorrow, so it’s time to let the clock tick over and turn to celebration! Just as soon as I solve the sermon problem...


In an ongoing birthday buddies series...

No comments:

Post a Comment