Friday, February 08, 2013

a sneaky friday five

Lent has been sneaking up on people. Over at RGBP, Karla tells us that the second Friday snuck up on her. I think it's because of the BE...I keep thinking it's last weekend when really, well, it's this weekend.

SO, in the spirit of sneaky randomness on a snow day, we have...

1) What is sneaking up on you, and what have you been thinking about? Well, I thought I had everything under control actually (hahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha!) until yesterday evening I realized I'd sent an email that said "I'm free on the 8th" without even realizing that it was the 7th already. umm...yeah. What day is it again?
What have I been thinking about? Honestly: My friend Aimee. Lent. And food. Because my post-BE kitchen is a little sad.


Also available at Trader Joe's...
2) What will you have for lunch today? Probably chickenless chicken nuggets. Because there's something about a snow day that makes me want to turn on the oven and make some fake nuggets. Plus they're delicious.


3) If you were to get snowed in for two days, and you need to hunker down, what essentials and treats would you store up? Well, I'm not snowed in but I do have snow...in the middle of last night's epically long horrendous commute (in twice the amount of time it normally takes me to get home, I was only halfway home), I stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things. Apparently the essentials are: macaroni and cheese, spaghetti sauce, and wine. I already have pasta and chocolate and tea in the house at all times...


4) Tell me a story about one awesome thing you have experienced in the last couple of weeks. Just one???? But I went on the BE, which was a week of awesome! Well...okay. My installation was this past Sunday and it was full of people that I love, and everyone in my new church was so impressed and happy, and the people on the commission were so impressed with the church, and so it was an all around fabulous day. There was chanting in Hebrew, great preaching, wonderful praying, reminders that I'm not a superhero, good music, and wonderful friends. And a cake that said "God is Good, All the Time!" It was pretty awesome.


5) What is your favorite office supply to splurge on? (now THAT is random, right?) Again, just one? Let's see: I think it's a toss-up between pens and those little post-it flags. I have a little bit of a flagging problem--I like to flag books. A Lot. And to write on the flags with fun pens. So....yeah.


6 comments:

  1. WoW! soooo much excitement here I'm blessed!
    ty for sharing it with all of us & entirely pleased you have Such a Great report !! blessings =))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I need to try those nuggets! I'm with ya on spaghetti sauce, and congrats on a wonderful installation! happy lent!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah. Yes. Mac and cheese. Comfort to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  4. God is Good All the Time cake. That is AWESOME.
    I like those nuggets, too...
    and I have wine and cosmo fixins for the Storm. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading this. And I love that your installation was so wonderful. YEA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the new gig, hope is filled with splendid moments. We just bought a Gardein product for th first time ~ their fake beef cubes.

    ReplyDelete