Friday, August 06, 2004

accidents

Yesterday I saw two accidents (well, I didn't see them happen, I just saw the aftermath) that shut down I-85, within two exits of each other, one in each direction. The one I got close to was really awful: a small-ish car was almost completely under a half-size semi truck. UGH. It was really awful. There was another car involved too, but it wasn't clear to me what had actually happened. All in all, it was ugly. The second one had lots of fire trucks, but I didn't see the wreckage as much because I went on the access road rather than the freeway (after I saw the traffic!). but still. oy.

Wednesday night's Speaking of Faith was really interesting: "A Return to the Mystery"--about youth/contemporary culture and the spiritual messages of media, particularly movies and some tv. Examples: Harry Potter, Lord of the Rings, the Matrix, Touched By an Angel, and Buffy. Very interesting. Very cool.

I am going to work on putting all the sermons I have preached onto a new blog, which I will link from here. That way, for those of you that keep asking for them, you can scope it out. I'll try to do that over the weekend, I think. At least by this time next week.

I must be going now--a brainstorming meeting with Martha awaits! mm....Martha's making lunch too. I love lunch. Afterwards--a night with jason and with amy. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, season 3, is calling to be finished!! yay! :-)

Happy Friday to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment