Friday, June 20, 2008

reading challenge 2008

I finished a few more books....

Leadership 101, an "interactive leadership training guide for students."  I'm using this with the new youth leadership team to develop leadership skills.  I had to cut some of it because it's not so Presbyterian, but quite a bit of it is useful and good.  Sadly, my least favorite part are the journaling prompts.  With a little more time on my hands, I would write my own.  Instead I just cut them out from the stuff we're using right now.

Today, my day off, I read The Rapture of Canaan.  It was really good--a novel about a girl growing up in a religious cult.  I couldn't put it down and ended up finishing it in only a few hours.  I don't want to write too much about it here because I'm afraid of giving it away.  Highly Recommended!

No comments:

Post a Comment