Wednesday, November 27, 2002

Bowling for Columbine. Very Good movie. I don't have anything to say about it right now because I'm still processing (I only just got back).
It's thanksgiving week, and down here everyone goes home for this holiday. Very odd, I think. There are only about 5 students left on campus for the holiday, and every few hours the numbers dwindle. We had 30-ish on campus this morning, and by tomorrow noon it will be 10...by thursday morning only the last 5. It's dead out there--everyone is gone, there's no class, the refectory is strangely quiet....

It's too much work to go all the way to my parent's house for thanksgiving. whatever.

I broke down and bought Cosmo, because mine was not forthcoming. Though technically, I didn't buy it. I asked a friend (who was going out to run errands anyway, supposedly) to pick it up for me. The funny part of the story is that the person asked was a guy...and I did in fact preface the request with "this is the biggest favor you'll ever be asked by a girl, and you can say no if you want..." It was very amusing. He had to buy beer to prove that he was manly while buying Cosmo--but it was so sweet of him to get it for me while I was in class! :-) thank you! you rock!

i guess that's all for now. I urge you all to see Bowling for Columbine if you get a chance. it's thoroughly thought-provoking.
I also suggest the James Bond movie. heheheheh!

No comments:

Post a Comment