Friday, November 29, 2002

microwaving in plastic can kill you

While talking with my mother yesterday I mentioned that I had microwaved my lunch (mashed potatoes, thanks to Karen!) in a plastic container. Mom proceeded to freak out and inform me that toxic chemicals migrate from the plastic into your food during microwaving. I was like (as any skeptical-not-that-much-older-than-teen-daughter would be...) "whatever."
So today I looked into it.
here is what I found out.

See for yourself.
you won't die, i promise. at least, not because of that.

In other news, I read today that the Lyric Opera of Chicago has had to make some changes to the schedule for 2003-2004 (for budget reasons--they want to maintain their beautifully balanced budget (now in its 15th year) through their 50th anniversary year). Instead of a wonderful, under-played Bizet opera, they are going to do....
...
...
...
...
...
(hold your breath)
...
...
...
(so you don't gasp and choke yourself)
...
...
...
...
Pirates of Penzance.

I know, I know...the Lyric!!! I'm shocked as well.
at least it will be good, even if it is a sellout.
oy.

No comments:

Post a Comment