Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Reading Challenge 2008

Over the last week or so I have read Irresistible Revolution. While I didn't always find it irresistible (I definitely went to sleep a few times, but I think that's because it was late at night and I was reading in bed, not because the book was boring), I did find it pretty good. I think, though, there is something of a generational gap here. I didn't think anything in this book was particularly radical--in fact, it was mostly the kind of thing I would love to do (but don't always have the nerve for) and that is the reason I became a Christian rather than something else. But I think people who grew up in the church and people of generations older than mine find this stuff very disturbing and reckless.

I do, however, love the idea of being "extremists for love" because there are already enough hate extremists out there. I'm totally using that phrase as I rethink our youth ministry here.

1 comment: